Monday, November 22, 2010

Making Friends in Blogland!


This whole blogging thing is so much fun! And it makes me feel like I'm working on my writing when I'm really not. One of the things I like the most about blogging is making new friends (better known as networking) and learning from others (continuing education), and boy, do I have a lot to learn! I can spend all day (and sometimes do when I'm procrastinating doing something difficult like working on a query letter or plot summary) looking at the blogs of my new friends and I wonder how they create such cute blogs or how they have so much time to crank out their prolific, insightful posts.
One such person is someone I'm completely in awe of. Tristi Pinkston has been blogging since 2006.  On her main blog, (http://www.tristipinkston.blogspot.com) she covers everything from writing tips and the life of a published author to kid funnies, spiritual thoughts, and embarrassing moments.  She also has a weight loss blog, one for writing challenges, another for her fictional characters … and she lost count of how many others she has.  You can find the links for them on her sidebar.
Tristi is the author of five published novels, one coming out in January, and a whole kit 'n caboodle of unpublished novels.  Right now she's focusing on cozy mysteries, although she has written historical fiction in the past and plans to write more in that genre.  She works as a freelance editor and a virtual book tour coordinator.  She loves taking long naps, being charmingly annoying, and watching good movies.  She's a Mormon, a homeschooler, a Cubmaster, and most of the time, a headless chicken.
She's a talented writer and amazingly creative—check out her Thanksgiving-themed blog backgrounds and get a taste of her writing!