Friday, December 17, 2010

LDStorymaker's Writer's Conference

It may be months away, but I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I just reserved my spot at the LDStorymaker's Writing Conference in Salt Lake City in May. Last year was my first time ever and it was absolutely fantastic. I learned a bunch, laughed a lot, browsed more LDS books than I'd seen in forever (remember, I'm from Texas and far from and LDS bookstore), and mingled with writers like me (published and working on it). In short, it was heaven!

This year will be even better because I'll be able to meet some of the people I've gotten to know over email and blogs and continue to hone my craft. As always, they've got national agents looking for new clients and talented editors, agents, and published authors to teach the classes. I can't wait! But since I have to, I guess it's back to work so I have next novel ready for the conference. I hope to see you there!

If anyone is interested in learning more about the writer's conference, check it out at http://www.ldstorymakers.com/conference_2011.php