Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Joy in Butterflies

 I passed another 100 mile mark! With my short 5K this morning, I have now officially run over 300 miles in 2011!

Honestly, I hadn't paid attention to where I was on my WIP meter (see right side bar) since I've been nursing a strain somewhere in my hip area, a yucky cold, and a hankering for painting my kitchen which effectively kept me from running most of the past week. But this morning I happened to be checking out a friend's blog and saw his updates from races and realized that if I want to run at the end of next month, I've got to keep at it. No more time off!!

And I was so glad I did. Not only did I make it to 300 miles (which I didn't know until I sat down to write this post) but I was able to enjoy gorgeous blue skies instead of just a computer screen, invigorating fragrances native to West Texas (I wish I knew what they were), and Monarch butterflies. Two ran right into me, one of them almost as big as my hand. It made me happy and grateful. As I read with the kids this morning before sending them off to school, "Men are that they might have joy." There is much in my life to bring me joy and today it was running and butterflies.