Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just Five More Minutes!


“Time to go,” I tell my eleven-year-old son. His response? Invariably it's, “Aw…just five more minutes.”

It seems everything in my life right now boils down to needing just five more minutes. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost been late to work recently (and I’m someone who HATES to be late to anything) because I’ve been involved in something that will take me just a couple more minutes to complete. Reading a chapter in a book, folding the last load of laundry, chatting with a friend.

But I admit, usually it has to do with a computer. Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to connect these cute Twitter and Facebook icons I found. As you see from the side of my blog, I’ve somewhat successfully done it once (go ahead—try them out J, though I need to figure out how to position them side by side), but this time I found these book shapes and figured they'd fit thematically. I knew if I clicked on just the right site, it would include the HTML code or explain in dummy terms how to connect it. Just one more click. Which becomes twenty, which easily becomes five more minutes.

What is the thing that keeps you stuck for just five more minutes? Oh, and if you know how to solve my technical issue, feel free to leave me a link or explanation. I’d really appreciate it.