Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BIAM and Losing My Balance

Last year I signed up for NaNo. And failed. Terribly. This year, I decided I'd better be a little more realistic. With a book launch keeping me busy and a half-finished first draft of my second novel to finish, I didn't want to follow the rules of Nano. Instead I decided to take the BIAM challenge. I'm doing okay. Getting more words every day. But the biggest thing is that I'm writing and LOVING it! I started using Scrivener and I feel so free. I'm not tied to a strict linear process anymore, but writing whichever scene strikes me at the time. I hope I don't live to regret it, since some of the scenes I'm writing I don't even know where they will end up in the outline, but I think I'll use them. I hope Scrivener works out and that I don't lose everything.

However, there's a slight problem with doing BIAM. I found yesterday, that I'm spending every possible second writing and not taking care of the daily things I need to--like checking my calendar. Didn't realize it was the 2nd Tuesday and missed an important meeting. I'm pretty sure I need to go to the grocery store, but I don't want to check because I don't want to be held responsible to do so. And the biggest--I signed up to do a blog hop and missed the deadline because somehow I thought it was the next day. Ugh.

Anyway, I am late, but I am finally announcing the winner of my Nourish & Strengthen Book Launch Giveaway...

The Winner Is...ASHLEIGH!!

I hope you love the books you receive: Nourish & Strengthen...by me:) and Called To Serve Again by Jeffrey Olsen!!

Congrats and I'll contact you :)

Thanks to everyone who participated. Now back to writing......