Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Liebster For Me?? And a Blogger Spotlight?


How thrilled I was when I received a notification that someone honored my blog with an award! It truly made my day :) Thanks, Rena Traxel! She said my posts are "interesting." Then, the next day I think it was, a friend highlighted my blog in her post, challenging me to the Blogger Spotlight. So take that surprise and fun, and square it. Super fun. Now I know it's kinda like those chain letters we used to get, and it's just a way get some exposure and make some new friends along the way, but I see no harm in it. No threats if you break the chain. I'm not asking for anything in return.

So I'm passing on the love. First, about the Liebster Blog award: I tried to do research to find it's origin, but lost interest after several pages on the Google search. Liebster is said to mean "darling" or "favorite" so that's what we'll go off. 

The blogs I now bestow with the Liebster Blog award are as follows: (ahem....)
  • Shan at Family Brings Joy. She may have more than 200 followers, but I can't tell, and her blog is gorgeous, interesting, and well worth the stop.
  • Alex at Chaotic Gibberish. He can be interesting when he finds the time to post (high schoolers...think they're busy or something). I think he should get back to his "Autofill" posts--hilarious!
  • Brooke at Sunshine and Snows in West Texas. Again, don't know about the under 200 requirement. Technicalities. Anyway, she's funny, got a cute family and awesome recipes--well those are located at my next nomination:
  • There's No Cookin' Like Snow Cookin'. I think I need to try some of these recipes out. Yum!
  • Jenny at She's Got the Write Stuff. I love that she's reading 100 books this year. That just sounds like an amazing goal!! I hope she makes it.
For the Liebster, I was supposed to say 5 things about me. For the Blog Spotlight, I was supposed to answer 11 questions. I don't feel like playing by the rules, so I'm going to pick and choose. I'm going to be one of those...a cafeteria blogger. So here are the questions I'm going to answer:

1. Canon or Nikon? I have a Canon. Wish I had a good Canon on my iPhone--that would be much more convenient. 

2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I don't know if it's an official superpower per se, but I'd love to be able to heal.

3. What movie has impacted you recently and why? This Is War--so much so that my husband and I got up and walked out. They took what could have been funny and made it crass and vulgar. Totally unnecessary. Glad it was free. And I guess I need to do a little better research next time.

4. What value is most important to you? {Examples: Commitment, Compassion, Courage, Gratitude, Honesty, Patience, Responsibility, Respect, Work etc.} YES!! Can I say all of the above?

5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Finally, an easy one!! Rocky Road :)

OK, Peeps who I tagged. You can either follow the Liebster rules and nominate 5 blogs and say five things about yourself, or you can do the spotlight route with 11 blogs, and 11 questions. Sorry if you didn't like me breaking the rules, but everyone's gotta rebel sometime :)