Saturday, September 8, 2012

Brigham City Peach Days


I haven't had too many opportunities to go to small town carnivals, parades, or celebrations lately, but every time I do, I have such a great time! I love watching people smiling with their families. I can't wait to smell funnel cakes and join in celebrating harvest time and the advent of autumn. I just watched my first football game of the season (well, live one, anyway), and nothing says fall like football.

So I am thrilled to be part of Brigham City's Peach Days! I can't tell you how excited I am to be with so many writers all day long tomorrow and interacting with readers--one of my favorite things to do. I'm pretty stoked about a literacy game I'll be running from about 5:20-6:00 in the evening at our booth near the Reflections of Utah Bookstore downtown. If you think you know characters from well-known books--know which book they appear in and who the author is--come down and test your knowledge. You just might win something.

The entire event runs from 1-8 PM and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of people, but if you want to make a quick friend...bring me one of those yummy funnel cakes! See ya there!