The four diabetics in my family were sitting around the dinner table when he posed the question, and I think each of us could think of a time we'd been asked this very question.
So in case you wanted to know, here are my top five favorites of some responses we came up with:
5. You get it from your brother/sister.
4. It's in my jeans...I'll let you borrow them and you can have diabetes for a day.
3. You know that DNA strand? It's somewhere in that jumbled mess...
2. You could ask at the library...they might have some, but you might have to get on a waiting list.
1. Well, you go on to Amazon.com and type in diabetes. You know Amazon sells everything!
Got any more smart alec-y answers for us?