Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Everything You Need to Know About Girls Camp

Are you in charge of Girls Camp this year? Camp directors or assistant camp directors, this manual is a Must-Have!!

Stephanie Connelley Worlton has done it again. You may remember I loved her book, Hope's Journey, that I reviewed about a year ago, now she's written something completely different, but another out-of-the-park homer.

Here's the synopsis:
Everything You Need to Know about Girls Camp teaches not just the why and what of Girls Camp but, more important, the how and when. With helpful tips on everything from holding your first meeting to planning a menu to dealing with unhappy campers (and everything in between), this essential guide provides a road map to help take the stress out of planning and ultimately make your camp a success.

My Thoughts:
I've been to Girls Camp many times as a leader and loved each time. Luckily, every time I've gone, I've had another leader to plan with, someone who had the organization part down to a science. I always worried that if I had to plan one on my own, I wouldn't know the first place to start. Well, now I know that if I ever have to plan Girls Camp, I am running straight to this manual!

Stephanie covers everything from food and crafts to budgeting and location. Her valuable experience warned and taught of things I hadn't considered, even with my own years of experience.

If you are new to the Young Women or a new Camp Director, this manual is a MUST! But I also think that even veterans could gain much from this manual. Look for it. Get it. It's the best companion for the official camp manual I can think of!

Where can you purchase your own copy?
Everything You Need to Know About Girls Camp: The Essential Planning Guide for Leaders at Amazon.com
at Barnes & Noble

Right now, Stephanie is running a giveaway. If you are interested in entering, follow this link.