Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This is It...Camp NaNoWriMo!!


November is typically National Novel Writing Month and though I've been aware of it for years, I've never officially participated because I've never been in the position to: you have to actually start at the beginning of the month and then have over 50K words by the end of the month.

In Nov. 2011, I did use the month to finish the first draft of Family Size and it was such a great help! Just to have that deadline and knowing others were doing the same thing was quite the motivator. I couldn't participate that time because I'd already started--probably had about 20K words. I did end up writing over 50K words that month, though.

I didn't think I'd be able to do it this year, either, because my plan was to write the first draft of Battling Time this summer. Right now I've got my book all planned out, outlined, and even pictures of the characters to help me stay focused on who they are, but I haven't found the time to start actually writing. So here's my chance!!

Watch my WIP meter in the right sidebar go up and cheer me on!!

Camp NaNoWriMo is from July 1-July 31. And I'm on it! Anyone else?