Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Working It Out by Rachael Anderson


I have to say, I LOVED this book! Maybe it was my mood the day I finished it. Maybe it was just great writing. Either way, if you're trying to figure out if you should read it, the answer is YES!

Working It Out is a clean romance between a physical therapist and her persistent and aggravating, yet flirty and handsome, patient. When I was first approached with reading this for review (yes, I was given a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest opinion), I thought, sure, I like a clean, fun romance, but what was even better is that I am married to a physical therapist, so I can see if the author did her homework. As far as that goes, the physical therapy seemed plausible, and there are no complaints in that department, though I must admit, I never have had PT, so I'm going by what my husband talks about.

As far as the romance goes, it was your typical formula, which of course, is necessary--so that the flow works seamlessly and unconsciously. But there moments in the writing that I just thought were fabulous--little gems of thought that made me want to pull out my highlighter or Post-It flags. Beyond that, I loved the flirty conversations and the kisses sizzled.

Downsides? There's never a rich man who doesn't have to worry about working when I'm looking for one, but that's okay, I've got my own "Mr. Right" already. And then, at one point I was reminded of an over-told Christmas story (I specify, because I don't want to give anything away here) but I was worried the author was going to resolve the plot line the same way the Christmas story did. I found myself pleading, hoping the author wouldn't go there. She almost did, but recovered well, so overall, I feel Working It Out is a fun read and I would highly recommend it!

If you'd like to purchase your own copy, here's the Amazon link:
Working It Out: A Romantic Comedy
If you'd like to learn more about Rachael Anderson, you can check out her blog and Goodreads page.