Friday, November 15, 2013

Hudson Lights--Lights Up My Day!

It's my privilege to review Hudson Lights' self-named debut album--and super easy to do: I LOVE IT! These guys have an amazing talent that is a pleasure to listen to. The four-man group's style has been described as "a fresh fusion of contemporary pop and jazz music" with "world-class harmonies and consummate showmanship."

I haven't had the opportunity to see them live, so I can't attest to the showmanship, but I have incorporated this CD into my life--my car, my running routine, my leisure. Surprisingly, in a family that seldom listens to or enjoys the same music, all of us have latched on to Hudson Lights. It's one of those CDs that has a couple of different styles, so you don't feel like you're listening to the same song over and over again.

My personal favorites are "Brave" and "Eleanor Rigby," with "Eleanor Rigby" easily being the family favorite. It's an original twist on the classic Beatles, and I love how Hudson Lights makes it their own. I fully endorse the comment "Equal parts thrilling, inspiring, and effortlessly charming; Hudson Lights brings a classy edge back to mainstream pop." So true!

I'm also posting a YouTube video so you can get a taste for their music and style. This song is not on the CD, though it's good, and a great representation of who they are.Try it! You'll LOVE it, too!



Hudson Lights can be found on iTunes, Facebook, Amazon, and Deseret Book.