My High Five:
1. The Cover--because, yes, I'm one of those. I am certainly drawn in by a great cover, and this one is gorgeous. I love the colors and fonts!
2. Rebecca Talley is not afraid to try out some of the weightier topics. She deals with some real issues without making the book too heavy. It was still a great escape for me and made me think. A perfect combination.
3. The whole Holocaust connection. 'Nough said, because I'm not going to spoil anyone's reading.
4. The conversations and difficult decision making felt so real. The author excels at helping the reader experience the struggles and despair Lauren has to go through as well as balancing it with joy and excitement.
5. A happy ending to a very clean romance. Perfect!
Lauren Wilson is well on her way to her happily-ever-after. She has a career she loves, a husband she adores and a baby on the way, but a devastating diagnosis changes everything. The life she’s built suddenly crumbles around her when her husband insists she choose—the baby or him.
Returning to her small hometown to rebuild her shattered life, Lauren crosses paths with Ethan Campbell, the man who stole her teenage heart. The old attraction is still there, but Lauren won’t admit it to anyone—least of all herself. Her only priority is providing a life for her child, and she can’t afford to get it wrong. Ethan is confusing everything, including stirring up feelings she’s not prepared to face. Will she spend her life raising her baby alone or is the family she’s always wanted finally within her reach?
About the Author:
Rebecca Lynn Talley grew up in the gorgeous seaside city of Santa Barbara, CA. She met, and married, her husband, Del, while attending Brigham Young University. She graduated from BYU with a degree in Communications. She currently lives in rural Colorado on a small ranch with a dog, too many cats to count, and a herd of goats. She and Del are the proud parents of ten wildly-creative, multi-talented children.
Rebecca is the author of a children’s picture book, Grasshopper Pie (WindRiver 2003), a children’s chapter book, Gabby’s Secret (DuBon Publishing 2011), four novels, Heaven Scent (CFI 2008), Altared Plans (CFI 2009), The Upside of Down (CFI 2011), and Aura (DuBon Publishing 2012). She has also authored numerous children’s stories and articles for both print and online magazines.
When she isn’t writing, Rebecca loves to date her husband, play with her kids, swim in the ocean, and dance to disco music while she cleans the house. She has folded at least one million loads of laundry, baked hundreds of batches of chocolate chip cookies, and eaten 5,478 gallons of ice cream.
Imperfect Love can be found at Amazon and can be added to your Goodreads shelf here. You can find out more about Rebecca Talley at her website.