Friday, May 2, 2014

High Five: BEST Things About Being a Writer

So when I was scrolling through my Facebook feed the other day, I came across this photo and just KNEW I had to have it on my blog! Goes great with my High Fives, don'tcha think?

In securing permission to use the photo, I became better acquainted with the writer who posted it and took advantage of her willingness to be on my blog. Of course, I had to come up with a high five to ask her . . .

High Five: BEST Things About Being a Writer
by Jolene B. Perry

1. When I'm introduced, I'm introduced as "Author Jolene Perry" instead of "The girl who makes stuff up in pajama pants" and that's pretty awesome.

2. I get to say really cool things like, "So, this book I'm working on..." and "I'd love to, but I need to talk to my agent about it first..." and "One of the books I wrote..." (It's all ego-boosting and fantastic).

3. Being an author makes me feel like my weirdness is not only okay, but celebrated and expected. :)

4. Bookish people are THE BEST PEOPLE.

5. Buying books is TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!

Jolene writes YA contemporary, and a lot of it! If you'd like to learn more about this spunky writer, you have permission to stalk her on her website and her blog!