Monday, May 5, 2014

High Five to Rachael Anderson's Prejudice Meets Pride

Prejudice Meets Pride
After years of pinching pennies and struggling to get through art school, Emma Makie’s hard work finally pays off with the offer of a dream job. But when tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to make a cross-country move to Colorado Springs to take temporary custody of her two nieces. She has no money, no job prospects, and no idea how to be a mother to two little girls, but she isn’t about to let that stop her. Nor is she about to accept the help of Kevin Grantham, her handsome neighbor, who seems to think she’s incapable of doing anything on her own. 

Prejudice Meets Pride is the story of a guy who thinks he has it all figured out and a girl who isn't afraid to show him that he doesn't. It’s about learning what it means to trust, figuring out how to give and to take, and realizing that not everyone gets to pick the person they fall in love with. Sometimes, love picks them.

Now MY Take:
Sometimes I feel like I've got the best "job" in the world! Spending my day editing, molding, creating art--my own as well as assisting others in theirs. What could be better than doing something you're passionate about? And sometimes I just get to sit back and admire others' art. Reading and reviewing Rachael Anderson's latest book fits right in there! What a joy to read!

So here's my High Five for Prejudice Meets Pride:

  1. I got slightly misty-eyed at the end--and that rarely happens!
  2. Mud pies! Yum!
  3. I liked finding out the reasons behind the relationship issues between the mom and child and how those problems get on the road to healing. I'm not going to go into detail about it (I'm a no-spoiler kind of reviewer), but I liked it as a twist on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice characters. Well designed!
  4. Speaking of Jane Austen, any great re-imagining of P&P makes me happy. This take was like a fresh coat of paint--and not just some solid, one-color boring job of it, either. (Read the book...you'll understand!)
  5. Flirty dialogue done right!! Love the couple!
Wait...do I have to stop at five?? I also loved the formatting--the chapter titles were amazing and the cover adorable! I need to find that font. :) Yeah, I'm geeky like that!
Favorite quote: "She'd opened his eyes, occupied his mind, and seized his heart." If that doesn't melt you, I don't know what will!
If you'd like to read Rachael Anderson's Prejudice Meets Pride (and you really should--don't let this one pass you by!), you can find it on Amazon Prejudice Meets Pride (Meet Your Match, book 1) , Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. If nothing else, add it to your Goodreads shelf so you don't forget to read it!

About Rachael Anderson:
Rachael Anderson is the author of five novels and two novellas. She's the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.

You can find out more about Rachael and her books on her blog as well.

a Rafflecopter giveaway