Friday, December 12, 2014

I Add My Witness: He Is the Gift

I love Christmas--who doesn't, right? Of course not the running around, worrying if I got the right gifts, or anything like that. I can do without the crowded parking lots and stressing about getting the best deal. But this year feels different for me. This year, I honestly am not that worried about what gifts I'm giving (for like the first time. Ever.). This time, I am looking forward to my second Christmas missionary Skype--and then, it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump until he gets home! And I have another child coming home from college for the break, and I'm more than thrilled to see her. More than that, my awesome child still at home is looking forward to the sibling time.

It's going to be great. And a huge part of why it's going to be great is the real reason for Christmas--celebrating the birth of a Divine baby more than two thousand years ago. Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, is the gift. There's so much I wish I could say. I wish I could be eloquent about it, but my testimony is simple. I know He is my Savior and at this Christmas time I am grateful to remember and to share the gift that He is. This video says it much better than I.