Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Best General Fiction Book Cover 2014!

Warning: This is going to be one of those "toot your own horn" kind of blog posts.

But then again, I guess that's the nature of blog posts, right? And hey, I was kind of surprised by this one. I got a little heads-up message that I might want to keep an eye out on a certain website that I like to keep up with anyway and was thrilled to see that New LDS Fiction was doing a Best of 2014 book cover contest [follow this link for a much better explanation than I will do here in the next paragraph].

If I understand correctly, the staff at New LDS Fiction called for a nomination process and then chose their five favorite covers in seventeen genres to be finalists. (Keep in mind, this is all books written by an LDS author during 2014--traditional or indie published. I don't know how many that is, but it's more than a few.) After deciding on their own favorites (but not revealing them), they opened it up for everyone to vote on their favorites out of the finalists. I was so excited to find that my cover for Still Time was chosen as a finalist for the general fiction category!

After the voters' choice winners were announced, New LDS Fiction announced the winners the staff had chosen for each category, and mine won for general fiction! I guess you might be able to tell that's made my day, and week. Maybe more. :) [Click here to see all the Staff Choice genre winners.]

Anyhow, my thanks go out to the staff at New LDS Fiction. Not only for this award which I will post with pride, but also for running such a fabulous website--my go-to site for LDS fiction because I love how it includes both traditional and independently published novels of a high caliber!


Become a Fan/Follower/All-Over-Adorer of New LDS Fiction
WebsiteFacebook • Twitter (Known as LDSBookGeek)

Oh, yeah, I suppose you can see the winning cover several places on this blog. But I also love the entire cover, front and back. Here's a peek: