Monday, July 6, 2015

Review: Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity by Rachael Anderson


Rachael Anderson has quickly become one of my favorite authors, especially since I started reading her Meet Your Match series! Each book is squeaky clean fun--cute romances that loosely go together. You can read them alone or any order, but reading them in the order they were released does make it a little more fun. Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity is the third (and I think final?) book in the series. If you'd like to read my reviews of the previous books, here are the links: Pride Meets Prejudice and Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined.

Here's the book description:

Home for the summer, Samantha Kinsey is ready to step into her role as pseudo-nanny for her two favorite charges. But when she realizes she'll be playing chauffeur more than playmate, her summer outlook quickly turns from fun to bleak. That is, until she meets Colton McCoy--a genuine, hard-working cowboy, who's as set in his ways as he is handsome. Although he claims he doesn't need any spontaneity in his life, Sam's determined to help him find it. But she'll soon discover that cowboys are about as easy to change as wild mustangs.

Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity is about an adaptable girl and a not so adaptable guy. It's about learning to accept people for who they are and realizing that sometimes who they are is exactly who they should be.

My Review:

Having read the first two books in the series, I really looked forward to this book, and it didn't disappoint. It was cute, it was flirty, it was fun. I loved the idea of Samantha's summer bucket list! I also enjoyed seeing one of the characters from the previous book--one of the young girls--take more of a role in this book without taking over. The shenanigans Colton and Samantha find themselves in made me smile, and I finished it quickly because I didn't have a desire to read anything else in between. A quick, fun, summer escape I would recommend.

*I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest review.


Author Rachael Anderson:

USA Today bestselling author, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can’t sing, doesn’t dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.






Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity

is available in eBook and Paperback