Friday, October 2, 2015

Review of the CD "Hold On: A Modern Tribute to the Music of Michael McLean"

Are you interested in a chance to win a copy of the CD "Hold On: A Modern Tribute to the Music of Micheal McLean"? For a chance to win and to hear what I think of this CD, keep reading!

Product Description:

Eric Robertson, a popular producer in Provo, has brought together an impressive list of talented vocalists to sing on new, fresh productions of classic Michael McLean songs. The vocalists include some of the top names from the burgeoning Provo music scene, including Elaine Bradley, from Neon Trees, and Ryan Innes, one of the top contestants on NBC's The Voice. Eric grew up listening to Michael McLean songs and still feels a strong connection to them. This album is an effort to pay tribute to those songs and produce them in a way that will speak to a younger generation of LDS youth.

My Thoughts:

Should I even admit that I don't know any Michael McLean songs? I'm not sure if I've ever heard any of his songs before.. There, I said it. But that being said, you obviously don't need to be a Michael McLean fan to love this CD. It's perfect when you're driving in your car late at night and you want something mellow and feel-good without putting you to sleep. I like the variety of artists' voices and the jazzy feel to the songs. Add to that, the reaction of my teenage son who hardly ever likes the same music I do--when he took out his headphones and heard what I was listening to, he asked about it and then asked me to turn it up. He even requested to listen to it the next day. I think that's a thumbs-up from the teen as well as from his mom! Can't do much better than that!

So where can you find a copy of your own (assuming you don't win this giveaway)?

Hold On: A Modern Tribute to the Music of Michael McLean
A CD Available at
a Rafflecopter giveaway

*I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest review and Deseret Book will provide the free copy to the winner of my giveaway.